KFS Implementation Schedule
Labor Distribution Overview: Scheduled Go-Live July 8, 2011 (for Fiscal Year 2012 forward)
7/14/11: See the SET Transition Timeline page for the latest transition information.
- Labor Distribution processes will be removed from the Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) and will be available in the Kuali Financial System (KFS).
- Payroll Salary Expense Transfers will be removed from the Online Payroll Time Reporting System (OPTRS) and will be initiated on the KFS Salary Expense Transfer (SET) document.
- With the above changes, there will no more having to wait for month-end reporting in PPS to process payroll expense transfers!
- After the SET is fully approved in KFS, the transaction will appear on the General Ledger the next business day!
- Benefit expenses will be calculated using a composite benefit rate (excluding Chart H accounts) and distribute employee benefit costs to department accounts. As is current practice, Chart H accounts will continue to do salary transfers at calendar month end and will use actual (not composite benefit) rates.
- PPS data output will be modified in order to implement the composite benefit rate and feed detailed salary and benefit data into KFS Labor Distribution (LD).
- Effort Reporting data will post to the Effort Reporting System (ERS) from KFS.
- Any automatic feeds going to PPS for salary expense transfers will be denied as those transfers will now be processed in Kuali
- PAN (Post-Authorization Notification) System Reviews for salary expense transfers will no longer be required. The Salary Expense Transfer (SET) document in Kuali will automatically route for the necessary approvals (fiscal officer, organization review). All other PAN Reviews will continue as usual.
- New payroll object consolidation codes will be implemented in July 2011. We hope that these new codes make it easier to identify and track your payroll transactions.
|New KFS Document
||Brief Description of New KFS Document
|Salary Expense Transfer (SET)
- Transfer multiple expense transactions per employee!
- Transfer partial amounts
- Effort recalculated; Expense Transfers sent to ERS
- Standard Accounting Line rules apply on document
- Used for graduate student (Teaching Assistants, Graduate Student Researchers, etc) salary expense transfers, too
- Rules on SET document include:
- 13 Months Restriction for transferring expense
- Salary Cap Limitations
- Work Study Restrictions
- 120 Day Rule (A-47) for Federal and Federal Flow-Through Funds
- Chart H cannot process expense transfers until monthly benefit expenses post to ledger. This includes transferring from and to other charts.
- Only one pending SET document allowed per Fiscal Period/Account/Object Code per Employee
- Can cross charts; the composite benefit rates will automatically apply to the chart to which the expense is being transferred
|Access will be available to those users who have secured the necessary pre-approval and completed the required training
||Training will be required before access is granted to the document
FIS Decision Support (DS) Changes
- New FIS DS report, Payroll Expense Distribution Report (339), will be created for payroll expense transactions
- The General Ledger (GL) Review system will include a Labor Ledger Review at a future date
- Historical reports (June 2011 and earlier) will remain in PPS-DS
« Return to KFS Implementation Page.